Gareth A Hopkins
email: gareth@grthink.com

These pages will be kept updated with forthcoming gallery shows and news on completed artwork.

Pages from my ongoing surreal/abstracted comic 'The Intercorstal' can be found here: The Intercorstal

My deviantart gallery, chock-full of my art, can be found here: grthink

Stories from my (old) walk to and from work can be found here: Trolleys In Odd Places

Wednesday 3 February 2010

Newsish

Update-wise, I've been quite quiet here at grthink.com -- here's what I know about what's happening.

A lot of my time has been taken up with Colaboratay, which used to involve the passing back-and-forth of images between myself and anxietydecending. Those images were put to one side, and for the past month or so we've been holding a conversation, one postcard at a time. The first conversatio was 16 frames long, the second conversation is 5 frames in now. The last frame of the first conversation is shown above.

The Mail Art exhibition at Tron Theatre ended at the end of last month, and of the three pieces I submitted, two made it into the show and related 'zine. I was contacted by Susan Mortimer, the editor of Mail Art One, and the third image is being included in the Spring Issue, which will be available at the Glasgow Artists International Book Fair on the 16th and 17th April.

I've almost finished the next two verses of St James Infirmary, and have just one more image to do before I struggle under the stairs to retreive my scanner, so that I can post them all here. That'll just leave one more verse, the final chorus and a final call-off to do.

I've also got a pretty large pile of postcards (including the infamous "£20 Hand Drawn Postcards" from the Operation Concrete Launch, which I may or may not have mentioned before. When I get the scanner out, I'll get those digitized and then I'll have something else to post with.

No comments:

Post a Comment